Construction of the Outer Circular Highway to the City of Colombo (from Kadawatha to Kaduwela) under the Ministry of Port and Highways Road Development Authority (RDA) which comprises:
- A 4-lane main highway of 8.9 km long
- 2 interchanges
- 21 bridges
CHRYSO® high performance admixtures provide high workability, high strengths, and good cohesion of concrete and durability of structures.
CHRYSO®Omega 101 and CHRYSO®Omega 104 have been used for superstructures and underground structures, including 1700 bored piles for foundations.
- Both products are specially adapted for admixture of concrete with crushed sand without increasing the binder dosage
- 2 hours of maintenance obtained at the required strength level
- CHRYSO®Fluid Optima 100
- CHRYSO®Omega 101
- CHRYSO®Omega 104
Project technical challenges
CHRYSO®Fluid Optima 100 was used to manufacture 1957 prefabricated beams.
- Fluid concrete delivered and high early age initial strengths that facilitated the stripping of the beams
- Cohesive concrete despite lack of aggregates and variations in local constituents
Constructor: Taisei Corporation (Japon)
RMC Suppliers, precast Girders: Taisei Corporation
Structural concrete works: Tokyo Supermix
Bored Piles: Access Engineering
Construction of a five-level freeway interchange to replace former interchange which has been modified for freeway speeds.